Have you wondered what our competitive events are about?
Here's the skinney:
STAGES OF THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP
The EWGA Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
||0.0 to 12.0
||12.1 to 19.0
||19.1 to 25.0
||25.1 to 32.0
||32.1 to 40.4
Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the EWGA Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four players.
TO QUALIFY, EWGA MEMBERS MUST:
• Follow the registration guidelines distributed by your local Chapter
• Be a female, EWGA member in good standing*
• Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted to your handicap record in the current year, prior to the handicap cut-off date for their respective Chapter Championship
• Be an amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status
*EWGA Gender Policy applies
The EWGA Cup is an amateur match play competition conducted under the direction of the EWGA Association Headquarters (EWGA). Competition is conducted in two stages of play:
- Regional Qualifier - This year's California Cup 2017 San Diego Chapter will be held at Indian Wells Golf Resort from May 5 to May 7, 2017. Click here for more information.
- Cup Qualifier – 18 holes of Four-Ball* and 18 holes of Singles** completed over 2 days to determine the teams that will advance to The Cup Finals. Qualifiers will be held during September and October, 2017. More information to follow.
- National Championship - The Cup Finals – 18 holes of Four-Ball* and 18 holes Singles** completed over 2 days to be held at LPGA International Jones & Hills Courses, Daytona, Beach, FL on October 27-28, 2017.
All players who wish to compete in the EWGA Cup must meet the eligibility requirements.